Air-powered pumps - for safe handling of liquids under difficult conditions
Pumps used for both clean and polluted liquids in the construction, mining and process industries have to satisfy stringent demands for quality and reliable operation. They must be able to withstand difficult conditions with regard to both the surroundings and the media being conveyed, with a minimum of maintenance.
Atlas Copco's air-powered pumps meet the strictest requirements. They are available in two basic designs, DIP centrifugal pumps and DOP diaphragm pumps. Both types share a number of advantages.
- Robust - Air-powered operation ensures superior resistance to dirt, damp and impurities. DOP pumps are not affected by sand or gravel in the pump liquid, thus minimizing the risk of stoppage and the need for maintenance.
- Cannot be damaged by overloading - An air-powered pump never runs the risk of damage from overloading.
- Suitable in all kinds of environments - These pumps contain no electrical components which can cause sparks, and do not leak oil or need any inflammable fuel.
- Efficient - Air-powered operation gives very high capacity in relation to weight, which makes the pumps easy to transport and use in confined spaces. They also improve overall economy by better utilizing the compressor capacity that is most often readily available.
- Simple design - Atlas Copco's air powered pumps are of very simple design, which means simple handling, reliable operation and low maintenance requirements.
DIP centrifugal pumps are specially designed for low-viscosity liquids such as water, cooling fluids, solvents, light oil or petrol. A specially designed rotating mechanical seal prevents leakage.
- Submersible with a non-return valve (optional) mounted, or alternatively a hose connected so that the air outlet is above the surface.
- Compact design and a high-output air motor give the DIP pumps very high capacity in relation to petrol and electric motors of the same weight.
- Impeller of stainless steel protects agains corrosion.
- A silencer designed for dry or damp air keeps the noise level low (optional).
- Flexible - three pumps in one. A simple change of impeller and intake ring makes it possible to adjust to the desired capacity and head.
- DIP 65 has the highest head
DIP centrifugal pumps are available in three different versions:
- DIP 25 - has the highest flow
- DIP 35 - has a lower flow but a higher head
DOP diaphragm pumps are designed for the most polluted and viscous media, as well as highly abrasive and inflammable fluids.
- Easy to start despite sedimentation
- Self-priming which means that unnecessary handling is avoided
- Can handle large solid particles up to 30mm in diameter
- Can be connected in series to increase the head
- Pump housing made from aluminum alloy results in low weight
- Easy to service - the valves are accessible for servicing without dismantling the chambers.
DOP diaphragm pumps are available in two different versions:
- DOP 15N - an all-round pump for construction, mining and industrial applications. The diaphragm and valve flaps are made of nitrile rubber.
- DOP 15F - specially designed for the process industry, with fluorine (viton) rubber diaphragm and valve flaps.